Tuesday 8 July 2014

Breaking the Blog Silence

I realise that I am not a natural Blogger. It has been 7 months since my last post! I also know that as much as I would love to blog more often, time just does not allow. The last 7 months have been spent increasing our main line offering of dog coats and jumpers, and I have been putting in a huge amount of time working  on our Knitted Dog Jumper Kits.

Some of you might have bought one of our Knitted Dog Jumper Kits and have already enjoyed knitting a warm jumper for your dog. Since launching this product in September last year, it seems that they have great appeal with dog loving knitters. So I set about improving the offering and increasing the range of sizes. After all knitting is my great passion....


I wanted to add jumpers for Toy Dogs and Dachshunds so I designed jumpers that would flatter these dogs. Then I got my small but growing team of knitters to work with the needles. I chose Rowan wool cotton for this range as I love this yarn and have knitted jumpers for Bruno with it in the past and know that it is a great choice. 
We took some great photographs.....sourced a box that is made in Kent, sourced some knitting needles, sewing and cable needles, checked and rechecked the patterns, then I was ready to order the yarn....and to my dismay, one of our 'girl' colours had been discontinued!! Some deep breathing was undertaken, new colours were chosen, knitters were set to clicking again, and new photographs are being done this weekend.


Then we will be ready to finalise the artwork, get the patterns and labels printed, and kits assembled so that we can start to offer them to you lovely dog loving knitters! 


There is even going to be a dedicated website for the kits, but more about that in the next post. 
 That will be keeping me busy for a few more weeks, but I will be doing another post shortly. 


To keep up with the day to day stuff, please follow us on Instagram @redhoundfordogs
or Facebook Redhound for Dogs




No comments:

Post a Comment